This route was plotted beginning and ending in Mount Horeb, WI.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
The Taliesin Route is named after one of the Points of Interest on this route, Frank Lloyd Wright’s homestead named Taliesin. The route, starting in Mount Horeb, WI, is approximately 270 miles long and stretches from Highland to Mount Horeb, ranging between the Wisconsin River Valley and Highway 18/151. This route may have the most fun tourist attacations of all the routes, so allow plenty of time to check it all out. If you have never been, don’t miss The house on the Rock, Cave of the Mounds, Governor Dodge State Park, and of course Taliesin itself! Also, the starting point, Mount Horeb, is known as The Troll Capital of the World…stop by and see why!
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.2):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the attractions along this route include:
- Dodgeville: House on the Rock, Don Q Inn, Iowa County Courthouse, Governor Dodge State Park
- Spring Green: Taleisin, Tower Hill State Park, American Players Theatre
- Highland: Blackhawk Lake
- Black Earth: Shoe Store King Kong
- Blue Mounds: Cave of the Mounds, Blue Mounds State Park
- Pine Bluff: Pine Bluff Observatory
- Arena: Mouse with Cheese
- Mount Horeb: Little Norway, Troll Carvings
- Ridgeway: Hydes Mill, Ridgeway Pine Relic
- Daleyville: Hauge Log Church