This route was plotted beginning and ending in Maquoketa, IA.
The Sabula Anamosa route is named for 2 of the main points along this route. From Iowa’s only island city, to it’s pumpkin capital, this 280 mile route clearly demonstrates the topography differences between the Mississippi River valley and the inland farm country. This route also includes a visit to the Mines of Spain Recreation Area and historic Bellevue.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Maquoketa: Clinton Engines Museum, Costellos Old Mill Gallery, Hurstville Interpretive Center, Hurstville Line Kilns, Maquoketa Caves State Park, Jackson County Courthouse, Jackson County Historical Society
- Anamosa: National Motorcycle Museum, Wapsipinicon State Park, Grant Wood Art Gallery, Anamosa State Penitentiary, Jones County Courthouse
- Dubuque: Crystal Lake Cave, Monastery Candy, Mines of Spain Recreation Area, Julian Dubuque Monument, Schusters Corn Maze, Barrelhead Winery
- Monticello: Edinburg Manor Haunted House, Jones County Historical Society, Edinburg Pioneer Village
- Bellevue: Bellevue State Park, Pleasant Creek Recreation Area
- St. Donatus: St. Donatus Pieta Chapel
- Onslow: Chamberlain Park
- Wyoming: Wyoming Historical Museum
- Baldwin: Taybor Homes Vineyard and Winery