This route was plotted beginning and ending in Spring Green, WI.
Named for the big bend where the Wisconsin River turns west, this route has something for everyone. It includes twisty roads, elevation changes, a ferry and 3 Wisconsin Rustic Roads. This 270 mile route explores the Driftless Area between Spring Green, Portage, and North Freedom. Make sure you take the time to explore the many parks and other points of interest along the way.
UPDATE: Thanks to Jamie Foote for the following: The Sauk Street road construction is complete and the road is open once again to Reynolds Road.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.1):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Baraboo: Circus World Museum, Devil’s Lake State Park, International Crane Foundation, Lower Narrows State Natural Area, Man Mound Park, Sauk County Courthouse, Aldo Leopold Foundation
- North Freedom: Mid-Continent Railway Museum, Natural Bridge State Park, Baxter’s Hollow, Dr. Evermor’s Forevertron
- Sauk City: Ferry Bluff State Natural Area, Wollersheim Winery
- Prairie du Sac: Graff Park and Eagle Island, Fish Lake Park, Salem-Ragatz Historic Church
- Lodi: Gibralter Rock State Natural Area, Lodi Marsh State Natural Area
- Spring Green: Wilson Creek Pottery
- Merrimac: Merrimac Ferry
- Wisconsin Rustic Roads #21, #49, #110