This route was plotted beginning and ending in Darlington, WI.
The Pecatonica route is named after the Pecatonica river which meanders through southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois before it joins the Rock River. This 240 mile route, beginning in Darlington, Wisconsin, includes 2 of Wisconsin’s Rustic Roads as well as numerous county and state parks. Be sure to spend part of your day exploring the many historic sites in both Mineral Point and New Glarus which are featured stops on this route.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.4):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Darlington: Lafayette County Courthouse, Lafayette County Speedway
- Blanchardville: Yellowstone Lake State Park
- Argyle: Blackhawk Memorial Park, Toy Train Barn Museum
- Monroe: Great Plains Zen Center
- New Glarus: New Glarus Woods State Park, Swiss Center of North America, Swiss Historical Village Museum, New Glarus Brewing Company
- Mineral Point: Shake Rag Alley, Pendarvis House, Mineral Point Railroad Museum
- Browntown: Cadiz Springs State Recreation Area, Hawks Mill Winery
- Rustic Road #81, #94