This route was plotted beginning and ending in Stockholm, WI.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
Legend has it that the daughter of the Dakota Sioux Chief Red Wing jumped to her death from the cliff which is now called Maiden Rock. This 260 mile route explores the Driftless Area between Stockholm, Spring Valley, River Falls and Hagar City. Although this route explores many of the hills and valleys of the Driftless Area, it also includes a generous stretch of the Great River Road.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.1):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Stockholm: Stockholm Park, Wide Spot Performing Arts Center, Maiden Rock Winery/Cidery, Liberty Tree Farm
- Elmwood: Garaets Corn Maze, Butternut Park
- River Falls: White Pine Orchard
- Bay City: Domaine Da Vine Orchard / Vinyard
- Ellsworth: Summit Hill Park
- Trimbelle: Trimbelle Public Fishing
- Hager City: Trenton Bluff Prairie
- Maiden Rock: Maiden Rock Village Park
- Spring Valley: Crystal Cave
- Plum City: Plum Creek Woods State Natural Area
- Rock Elm: Nugget Lake County Park