This route was plotted beginning and ending in Savanna, IL.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
Starting in Savanah, IL and just crossing the border into Wisconsin, the Land of Lincoln Route covers approximantely 240 miles mainly in the northwest corner of Illinois . Take in historic Galena…great shopping and food awaits! Enjoy the Apple River Canyon and Mississippi Palisades State Parks and take some time to hike to the amaizng scenic overlooks and waterfalls that await you. This is also your chance to ride another Wisconsin Rustic Road.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.5):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Galena: Horseshoe Mound Overlook, Chestnut Mountain Resort, Galena Cellars Winery, Jo Davies County Courthouse, President Grant’s Home
- Elizabeth: Long Hollow Scenic Overlook, Massbach Ridge Winery, Apple River Fort, Chicago Great Western Railroad Museum, Mini Stonehenge
- Savanna: Army Depot, Black Oak Dune Overlook, Mississippi Palisades Park, Havencrest Castle, Train Car Museum
- Hanover: Rocky Waters Winery
- Council Hill: Council Hill Station
- Scales Mound: Charles Mound, One Formula Racing
- Apple River: Apple River Canyon Falls, Apple River Canyon State Park
- Sinsinawa: Sinsinawa Mound Center
- Mount Caroll: Point Rock Park
- Wisconsin Rustic Road #66