This route was plotted beginning and ending in Menomonie, WI.
Fans of Little House on the Prairie will enjoy this route which explores the area depicted in the first of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books, Little House in the Big Woods. The Laura Ingalls Wilder Route, at approximately 265 miles long, travels the area west of the Chippewa River between Menomonie and the Mississippi River. in addition to a visit to Pepin, home of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, this route also includes Wisconsin Rustic Raod #89 and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthplace Historic Site.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.2):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Menomonie: Devil’s Punchbowl, Dunn County Courthouse, Dunnville Barrens State Natural Area, Caddie Woodlawn Park, Jeremiahs Bullfrog Fish Farm, Thunder Hills Speedway, Wilson Place Mansion, Riverside Park and Waterfall, Red Cedar Raceway, Dunnville State Recreation Area and Sandbar
- Pepin: Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, Villa Bellezza Winery, Pepin Depot Museum, Five Mile Bluff Prairie State Natural Area
- Stockholm: Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthplace, Fort St. Antoine Historic Marker and Overlook
- Arkansaw: Arkansaw Cycle Park, Arkansaw Creek Park
- Wisconsin Rustic Roads #51, #89