This route was plotted beginning and ending in Menomonie, WI.
Update: For those who have been following us, you know that we rode this route the first weekend in June. During this ride, we discovered that we had inadvertently included many gravel roads. To fix this we have revised and updated the route to version 3.0 and we have eliminated all of the gravel roads. On another subject, we will keep the old route as it is and offer it as a Dual Sport Route in the near future.
NOTE: There is a short stretch of construction on County Road P on this route. This construction project is scheduled to last until Mid-July. The recommended detour for this route is to take a right turn on 230th street and rejoin the route on 150th Avenue.
Fans of Little House on the Prairie will enjoy this route which explores the area depicted in the first of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s books, Little House in the Big Woods. The Laura Ingalls Wilder Route, at approximately 245 miles long, travels the area west of the Chippewa River between Menomonie and the Mississippi River. in addition to a visit to Pepin, home of the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, this route also includes Wisconsin Rustic Road #89 and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthplace Historic Site.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v3.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Menomonie: Devil’s Punchbowl, Dunn County Courthouse, Dunnville Barrens State Natural Area, Caddie Woodlawn Park, Jeremiahs Bullfrog Fish Farm, Thunder Hills Speedway, Wilson Place Mansion, Riverside Park and Waterfall, Red Cedar Raceway, Dunnville State Recreation Area and Sandbar
- Pepin: Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum, Villa Bellezza Winery, Pepin Depot Museum, Five Mile Bluff Prairie State Natural Area
- Stockholm: Laura Ingalls Wilder Birthplace, Fort St. Antoine Historic Marker and Overlook
- Arkansaw: Arkansaw Cycle Park, Arkansaw Creek Park
- Wisconsin Rustic Roads #51, #89