This route was plotted beginning and ending in Harpers Ferry, IA.
Who knew that Iowa boasts many wonderful waterfalls? We did! So, go chasing waterfalls on the Iowa Waterfall Route…it includes access to 3 scenic Waterfalls. This route, starting in Harpers Ferry, Iowa, is approximately 270 miles and explores the Driftless Area between Marquette, Lansing, Cresco, and Fayette. In addition to the waterfalls, this route visits several beautiful parks and historical sites.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.2):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points Of Interest
- Waukon: Cowboy and Bull Statue, Waukon City Park, Alamakee County Historical Society, Empty Nest Winery
- Dorchester: Ryumonji Zen Monastary
- West Union: Boy and the Boot
- Festina: Tiny Church
- Lansing: ount Hosner Park, Museum of River History, Driftless Area Education Center, Madigan Winery
- Decorah: Trout Run Park, Locust School Museum, Dunning Spring Falls, Ice Cave Hill Park, Porter House Museum, Westerhiem Norwegian/American Museum, Winneshieck County Historical Society, Malanaphy Falls, Pulpit Rock/Will Baker Park, Siewer Spring Falls
- Spillville: Bily Clocks Museum
- Fort Atkinson: Fort Atkinson State Park
- St. Lucas: German American Museum
- Fayette: Fayette County Courthouse, Fayette County Historical Society, Dutton Cave County Park
- Marquette: Depot Museum, Effigy Mounds National Monument, Pinky the Elephant