This route was plotted beginning and ending in Mondovi, WI.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
The Buffalo River Route was named for one of the main geological features on this route, the Buffalo River. This 245 mile route, starting in Mondovi, WI, zigs and zags between the Buffalo and Chippewa River valleys, constantly changing from hilltop vistas to shaded valleys. Take a picnic lunch to enjoy in one of the many parks, or relax as you stroll along the Chippewa River in Durand.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.1):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points Of Interest
- Mondovi: Tourist Park, Mirror Lake Park
- Alma: Riecks Lake Park
- Nelson: Nelson Cheese Factory
- Independence: Borst Valley Wildlift Area
- Eleva: Chimney Rock State Wildlife Area, Eleva Lake Park
- Durand: George Tarrant General Store, Old Courthouse Museum, Chippewa Valley Motorcar, Pepin County Courthouse
- Gilmanton: Gilmanton Park