This route was plotted beginning and ending in Viroqua, WI.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
The Black Hawk War was a tragic period in early Wisconsin History. Follow the series of historical markers commemorating the event on the Black Hawk Trail Route. At approximately 250 miles long, and starting in Viroqua, Wisconsin, the triangular shape of this route is bordered by Ferryville, Stoddard, and LaFarge. In addition to following the end of the Black Hawk Trail, this route provides the opportunity to enjoy a portion of the beautiful Mississippi Great River Road as well as the scenic Kickapoo River Valley. The route also provides access to Wisconsin Rustic Road #55.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.1):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- La Farge: Kickapoo Valley Reserve, Driftless Folk School
- Viola: S&S Cycle Headquarters, Banker Park
- Viroqua: Vernon County Courthouse, Vernon County Museum, Eagle Eye State Natural Area, Duck Egg County Forest
- Westby: Branches Winery, Runge Hollow Recreation Area, Viking Statue, Big Ear of Corn
- Stoddard: R Little Vinyard
- Genoa: Genoa Fish Hatchery, Giant Tin Turkey
- Ferryville: Rush Creek State Natural Area
- Esofea: Esofea County Park
- Vernon County: Black Hawk Trail Markers
- Wisconsin Rustic Road #55