This route was plotted beginning and ending in New Albin, IA.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
Although most of this route is in southern Minnesota, there is a fairly large portion in Iowa, hence the name Bi State Route. At approximately 270 miles, this route alternates between high ridgetops and winding river bottoms. Straddling the Iowa – Minnesota border, this route connects Decorah, New Albin, Hokah, and Lanesboro.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Caledonia: Beaver Creek Valley State Park, Schech’s Mill, Houston County Courthouse
- Harmony: Niagara Cave, Amish Tours of Harmony
- Decorah: Locust School Museum, Dunning Spring Falls, Ice Cave Hill Park, Malanaphy Falls, Pulpit Rock/Will Baker Park, Seiwar Spring Falls, Chattahoochie County Park
- Spring Grove: Giants of the Earth Heritage Center
- Cresco: C Baker / Chimney County Park
- Hokah: Como Falls
- Houston: International Owl Center
- Dorchester: Ryumonji Zen Monastary