This route was plotted beginning and ending in New Albin, IA.
Although most of this route is in southern Minnesota, there is a fairly large portion in Iowa, hence the name Bi State Route. At approximately 270 miles, this route alternates between high ridgetops and winding river bottoms. Straddling the Iowa – Minnesota border, this route connects Decorah, New Albin, Hokah, and Lanesboro.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Caledonia: Beaver Creek Valley State Park, Schech’s Mill, Houston County Courthouse
- Harmony: Niagara Cave, Amish Tours of Harmony
- Decorah: Locust School Museum, Dunning Spring Falls, Ice Cave Hill Park, Malanaphy Falls, Pulpit Rock/Will Baker Park, Seiwar Spring Falls, Chattahoochie County Park
- Spring Grove: Giants of the Earth Heritage Center
- Cresco: C Baker / Chimney County Park
- Hokah: Como Falls
- Houston: International Owl Center
- Dorchester: Ryumonji Zen Monastary