This route was plotted beginning and ending in Dubuque, IA.
If you prefer, paper maps are available for purchase.
Even though this route begins and ends in Dubuque, it is named for two of its featured attractions. Bring your ball glove and have a catch at the Field of Dreams, and prepare for some incredible views from the Balltown Scenic Overlook. This 270 mile route also explores rural Iowa and its many farming communities.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Dubuque: Crystal Lake Cave, Mines of Spain Recreation Area, Julian Dubuque Monument, Fenelon Place Elevator, Shot Tower, 3 Statue of Liberty Replicas, Mississippi River Museum
- Dyersville: Field of Dreams, Inwood Woodcarving Exhibit, Dyer-Botsford Doll Museum, National Farm Toy Museum
- New Vienna: White Pine Hollow State Park, Heritage House Museum
- Farley: Farley Speedway
- Guttenberg: Mississippi River Scenic Overlook, Promised Land Winery
- Hopkinton: Delaware County Historical Society
- Greeley: Fountain Spring Park
- Edgewood: Edgewood Museum
- Peosta: New Melleray Abbey
- Delhi: Delhi Silver Lake County Park
- Epworth: Freedom Rock
- Holy Cross: Double L Vineyard
- Balltown: Balltown Scenic Overlook
- Delaware Crossing Scenic Byway