This route was plotted beginning and ending in Dubuque, IA.
Note: We have just learned about a construction detour on this route. County Road C7X (Garber Road) near Guttenburg is out for a bridge replacement. If you are riding on this route the designated detour is to take County Road C43 (Jolly Ridge Road) between Osterdock Road and Highway 52. This construction detour will be in place until late July or early August 2018.
Even though this route begins and ends in Dubuque, it is named for two of its featured attractions. Bring your ball glove and have a catch at the Field of Dreams, and prepare for some incredible views from the Balltown Scenic Overlook. This 270 mile route also explores rural Iowa and its many farming communities.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.0):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Dubuque: Crystal Lake Cave, Mines of Spain Recreation Area, Julian Dubuque Monument
- Dyersville: Field of Dreams, Inwood Woodcarving Exhibit, Dyer-Botsford Doll Museum
- New Vienna: White Pine Hollow State Park, Heritage House Museum
- Farley: Farley Speedway
- Guttenberg: Mississippi River Scenic Overlook, Promised Land Winery
- Hopkinton: Delaware County Historical Society
- Greeley: Fountain Spring Park
- Edgewood: Edgewood Museum
- Peosta: New Melleray Abbey
- Delhi: Delhi Silver Lake County Park
- Epworth: Freedom Rock
- Holy Cross: Double L Vineyard
- Balltown: Balltown Scenic Overlook
- Delaware Crossing Scenic Byway