One Last Ride?
Between the forecast for a cold autumn and some other weekend commitments we have, we are wondering if we will be able to get in one more long ride this season. During the BMW MOA Tomah Getaway, we met some riders from Missouri and they gave us some riding ideas, so we are looking at the calendar and the forecast for that area now.
This is a great time to get out and explore the Driftless Area. Fall colors are starting to peak and it should be just beautiful. Here is the current fall foliage color map:
Colors will be peaking in Iowa and Illinois in the next two weeks. So get out and enjoy Mother Nature’s colorful show before the leaves are all down and covered in snow!
The October Driftless Challenge is 1/2 over. There is still plenty of time to enter and win. Remember, this is the last monthly drawing and all of the winners will be entered in the Grand Prize Drawing at the end of the contest.
Upcoming Driftless Events:
Driftless area events are winding down, but there are still a few great things to do. Check out the great events below!!
Just a reminder, if you you have a Driftless Event that is open to the public, let us know and we will add it to our Event’s Calendar and our weekly blog post.
- October 19th: Team Power Center Fall Open House; Janesville, WI
- October 19th: BMW Motorcycles of Chicago Grand Opening Party; Hosted by Motoworks Chicago, Chicago, IL
- October 26th: Madison Motorcycle Club – Bucky Dual Sport; Cross Plains, WI. Registration to participate in this event is closed, but it will be a great event to watch and plan on for next year.
- October 26th: Brushpoppers Motorcycle Club – Bitter End Dual Sport: Morrison, IL. This event is located near the Land of Lincoln Route.
- Planning on trying out one of our routes? If you are interested in paper maps or pre-loaded SD cards with the routes or tracks, visit the Driftless Store today! Your purchases go directly back into the site to help us keep it free for all to use!
- Don’t forget to get your photos in for October’s Driftless Challenge!
STAY TUNED….We have a lot of plans for the website and the routes to keep ourselves busy over the winter. Watch for announcements periodically!
Hope you are having a great week! Ride Safe!
Dale and Renee