What is the Driftless Challenge? Think part awesome motorcycle ride, part scavenger hunt, part amateur photography and part lottery. Sound like fun? Then read on…
Here’s how it works:
We have created a list of awesome locations on our routes in the Driftless Area. You ride your bike to the sight locations and take a picture of your bike at that location.
Send us the picture and you are entered in a monthly drawing. The more pictures you send us, the more entries you have.
There will be a winner every month and a Grand Prize winner at the end of the contest.
How much does it cost to enter? It’s Free! You can’t beat that price.
For more details go to the Driftless Challenge page.
Last weekend I was able to make it up to Pecatonica for the Blackhawk Expo and Swap Meet. This is a fun event and I had a great time talking to everyone there. The Winnebago County Fairgrounds is a great location and I recommend you put it on your calendar for next year’s event!
- Vintage Torque Fest, Traditionally inspired Hot Rod, Custom, Vintage Cycle Show, in Dubuque, Iowa. May 3rd-5th. This event is located near the Balltown Dreams Route, the Sabula Anamosa Route and the Big M Route.
- Chicago Region BMW Motorcycle Owners Association Mini-Rally. Open to members and non-members in Houston, MN. May 3rd-5th. This event takes place near the Highway 16 Route.
- Rev It Up for Awareness Ride in Davenport, Iowa. Ride and rally, May 4th.
- Slimey Crud Run, Pine Bluff and Leland, WI. This gathering has the largest variety of motorcycles that I have ever seen in one place (other than in a museum). Pine Bluff and Leland are located near the Taliesin Route and the White Mound Route.
- There are no events on the Driftless calendar this weekend, so it would be a great time to get some pictures for the Driftless Challenge.
- 45th Annual Great River Road Rally, May 17th-19th. Hosted by the Madison BMW Club and located in Soldiers Grove Wisconsin. This event takes place near the Lower Kickapoo Route and the Blackhawk Trail Route.
- Theilman Spring Trail Ride in Theildman, MN. This event is located near the Zumbro River route.
- Big Bikes for Little Tikes, sponsored by 95.7 The Rock. This fund raiser is located in Onalaska, WI and is near Mindoro Cut Route and the Highway 16 Route.
- Team Power Center Open House, Janesville, WI.
Please check our Events Calendar for more details on these and other Driftless Events.
- Riding season is here! Visit the Driftless Store for paper maps, SD cards pre-loaded with routes, and official Driftless Road Adventure gear.
- You can also pre-order Mayhem Ride T-shirts that will be available for pick-up the day of the ride in the Driftless Store. Don’t forget to let us know if you are attending by indicating that you are “going” on the Facebook event page.
- Keep those photos coming! We are so excited to be receiving some of your pictures to share. Send them to DriftlessRoadAdventures@gmail.com.
Dale and Renee