This route was plotted beginning and ending in Platteville WI.
Have you ever wanted to see the biggest “M” in the World? Well on this route You Can!! The big “M” is written in whitewashed stones on Platte Mound near Platteville, WI. Stop for a stretch and take the hike to the top…the views are outstanding! This route, starting in Platteville, WI, is approximately 240 miles long and meanders between Potosi, Highland, Mineral Point, and Shullsburg. It is steeped in the early mining history of Wisconsin. Stop for a visit at Wisconsin’s first state capital or the famous Dickeyville Grotto. If you are into the Wisconisin Rustic Roads, this route boasts 4.
Click on the link below to download your preferred file (v2.4):.gpx Route File .gpx Track File .gpx Route w/ POI .kmz Route File
For more pictures and video click here.
Some of the Many Points of Interest
- Potosi: Brewery Museum, Potosi Recreation Area
- Platteville: World’s Largest “M”, Rollo Jamison Mining Museum
- Belmont: Belmont Mound Lookout, Wisconsin First State Capital
- Dickeyville: The Grotto
- Highland: Spurgeon Vinyards and Winery
- Lancaster: Grant County Courthouse
- Fennimore: Railroad Museum
- Shullsburg: Gravity Hill, Badger Mine and Museum
- Mineral Point: Mineral Point Railroad Museum, Shake Rag Alley, Pendarvis House
- Wisconsin Rustic Roads: #66, #70, #75, #99