You can’t ride EVERY weekend, can you?
This summer we have been very busy with riding, events, and the normal activities that go along with working on a fixer upper house (our son’s). This past weekend, I had to take some time to do (slightly overdue) scheduled maintenance.
So Sunday was spent on an oil and filter change, final drive oil change, final drive spline inspection, spark plug and air filter change, valve clearance measurement, brake pad and disc measurement, and service message reset. It took most of the day, but I like doing this kind of work because it keeps me in tune with the condition of my bike and of course, it saves money. But, based on how my knees felt on Monday, I think I need to take some of the money I saved and buy a bike lift, LOL!
Do you work on your bike? Send us a note and tell us about some of the work you do (or what you will not do).
There is about 10 days left in the August Driftless Challenge and we have some great entries. Thanks to all of those who have sent in pictures. It’s always fun to see that people are out riding in the beautiful Driftless Area. If you haven’t entered yet this month, there is still time. Good Luck and Safe Riding!
Here are the upcoming Driftless Events:
There is only one event I could find in the Driftless Area this weekend. If you aren’t going to Wisconscoot, you might want to try out one of our many routes. If you do, take some pictures and enter the August Driftless Challenge.
- August 23rd: Wisconscoot 2019 – Reedsburg, WI. This event is located near the White Mound Route and the Camp Douglas Route.
- August 29th: 2Brothers Thursday Ride – Onalaska, WI. This event takes place near the Mindoro Cut Route.
- August 29th – 31st: Chief Blackhawk Antique Motorcycle Swap Meet and Races – Davenport, IA
- August 30th – Sept. 2nd: Wildcat Motorcycle Rally – Westby, WI. This event is located near the Black Hawk Trail Route, the Mindoro Cut Route, and the Wildcat Route.
- September 1st: Glacial Lakes Motorcycle Club Buffalo Road Rally – North Branch, MN.
- September 6th-8th: Wisconsin BMW Club Wisconsin Dells Rally – Wisconsin Dells, WI. This event is located near the Camp Douglas Route, the White Mound Route, and the River Bend Route.
- September 7th: 2019 Warrior Ride – Preston IA. This event is located near the Sabula Anamosa Route.
- September 7th-8th: Theilman Fall Trail Ride, Theilman, MN. This event is located near the Zumbro River Route.
- September 8th: Simply Street Bikes Veteran’s Ride, Eden Prairie, MN. This event is located near the Redwing Fairbault Route.
- September 7th: Smokin Meats and Solo Seats MC Show – Mt. Hope, WI. This event is located on the Wisconsin Triangle Route.
Please check our Events Calendar for more details on these and other Driftless Events.
- Planning on trying out one of our routes? If you are interested in paper maps or pre-loaded SD cards with the routes or tracks, visit the Driftless Store today! Your purchases go directly back into the site to help us keep it free for all to use!
- Don’t forget to get your photos in for August’s Driftless Challenge!
Hope you are having a great week! Ride Safe!
Dale and Renee